Add your own intro here (Customize using Settings -> General -> Tagline)

A little (No Wait… A lot) More practice…

So, I’ve been sticking with the medium tip as recommended which has the black ink to practice basic strokes 5-8:

5. the ascender stroke

6. the descender stroke

7. the capital stem

8. the loop

I’ve been wondering for awhile if my nib is faulty as it is extremely difficult to get a hairline (fine part of the line when applying very light pressure.) It’s as if too much ink is coming out at all times. But… I figured…. I’m a beginner so I probably just need more practice. Then this…

I GOTTA MESS ON MY HANDS NOW!!!!!

Then I went to recap my pen…Da Da Da DUMMMMMMM…..

What the Monkey????????????

So I guess I’m off to Opus or Art World downtown to purchase some new supplies.

But first lets you tube it.

I looked at Love & Lavender blog for the best 6 calligraphy pens for beginners which has tips for deciding what to purchase.

So check in soon to see if I can resolve this problem and make some gorgeous hairlines.

1. kendall

I love how fun and conversational your posts are to read, Elizabeth! I also really like how raw you are with the mess struggles (and with the GRRRRR in your practice sheet – I had used to have a calligraphy set that I ended up just using as pens, and I couldn’t stand the ink that got everywhere! I wonder if you’ve found a good way to clean up the stains?? (I ruined a few things with mine…)