Well, with all the rusty nib business it’s been awhile since I’ve practiced the calligraphy writing so I planned ahead and brought calligraphy paper, ink, and nibs on our family weekend away, OOOps! Scrunched paper….CLASSIC.

My goal at the start of this inquiry was to be able to write fancy Mom love notes to my kids. P.S. They are a great audience as they still think some of the things I do are Amazing!

So, I realize that I need many more hours practice to get the thin and thick lines consistent within words. Anyhoo…Here’s what I’ve got so far

Thecrookedcalligraphy website has free traceable calligraphy practice sheets to help beginners practice various strokes and words. There’s even one that helps you to regulate your breathing so that your thin upstrokes and thick downstrokes improve. Sounds like a 2 fur 1: calligraphy and meditation!!!Think I might try that.

So, I found this video on calligraphy meditation and it must be relaxing cause it’s 5 minutes of sleep inducing boredom. I’m pleased to be able to share it with you here. I think they are writing on kleenex in case you need to wipe the tears of boredom from your eyes.

So the above love notes will go on the kids’ pillows tonight so they know how much they are loved.

‘Till next time…